Summer of 2011

Chitosan Nanoparticles for Enhancing Implants

Professor Yizhi Meng

Hello Interested Spectator,

My name is Rajan Kumar, and I am a Nanoscale Engineer and Mathematics Major at the College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering in Albany, NY. I have great aspirations in practicing in Nanomedicine. Although Eric Drexler had claimed that nanotechnology will change the world with self assembled nanobots, I feel that nanotechnology will make a difference in medicine especially in my life time.

Otherwise, the field of nanotechnology fascinates me ever since I learned about it as a central topic of the Academic WorldQuest Competition during my junior year of high school. At that time, I was studying nanotechnology's potential to change the world as experts declared it the next and biggest Industrial Revolution in mankind's history. Eventually I expanded my interest to the science, where I learned that a whole, undiscovered world exists at the nano scale. I hope to dive myself into the mysterious depths of the nanoworld, and I hopefully come out with an understanding or powerful application.

Besides my interest in nanotechnology, I love to do many things physically and academically. I constantly play every type of sport. From my favorite and childhood sport of soccer to the embarrasing moments of cricket. I love to bike ride for miles especially if there is a nice view on the way. 

For academic interests, I read every type of genre. From classics such as Shakespeare's Hamlet to Eric Drexler's Engines of Creation to Niall Ferguson's The Ascent of Money. I have a general interest in finding things that will expand or change my thinking.

Otherwise I am common student trying to become an unique individual by my own terms.

Thanks for reading,

Rajan Kumar