WHY COMPUTER SCIENCE?
Picture 1: Me
Hi My Name is Raymond Xue, I am majoring in Computer Science. I am majoring in Computer Science because I enjoy playing video games.
Picture 2: Toy Computer
Ever since I was three years old, my mom bought me a toy computer. It taught me the alphabet in a fun interactive way. I would rather learn from a computer than reading books about it.
Picture 3: Game Boy Color
As time went on, I eventually got bored of the toy computer so, I saw this ad on my TV which showed a new hand held console called Game Boy Color. My mom and my dad went to the store and bought me one. When I got home, I would just play on that console for a few good hours.
Picture 4: Dell Computer
When I was eight years old, my dad bought me my first computer. I was so excited because that meant I was able to play CD rom games at that time. My parents bought a lot of games for me so I would not get bored.
Picture 5: Queens Vocational
So when I entered my high school years I took a class in programming. This class taught me the basics of programming. But it did not teach me how to create a video game. I was so fascinated on how a game was coded.
Picture 7: Java Code
So I did some research and figure out it was because of programming. At first, I did not understand all this gibberish. So I asked my dad what is this? He told me this is what’s needed to make a video game.
Picture 6: League of Legends
During my high school years, I played this game called League of Legends. It was one of the first games I downloaded on my computer. I played so much of this game. This game has gotten so popular that it is the number one game in the computer market. Because of this I then wondered to myself how did someone create such a good game like this?
Picture 8: Stony Brook
So I took my SATs and decided to attend Stony Brook. I found they had a really good computer science program. This got me even more interested in computer science. Because of this I am majoring in computer science.
Picture 9: Creating a game
I hope one day when I fully master computer science. I am able to create my own video game that other people will play too.
- How would you describe this project, event, or assignment to your friends? Would you recommend it? I would describe this assigment very informational. It tells you why i am majoring in computer science.
- What did you learn (skills and knowledge) from the project, event, or assignment? I learned how to create my first digital story and to express my thoughts on computer rather than on paper.
- How are you able to apply what you discovered and learned to other areas of your life? I can create other tpye of digital stories for any presentation i want.
- What was your favorite aspect of this project, event, or assignment? My favorite aspect of this project is talking about why i enjoy computer science and using various pictures to show that.
- What risks did you take with this project, event, or assignment? None.
- What problems did you encounter? None.
- If you could do it over again, would you and what would you do or change? I would do this over again, for other type of presentations.
- What would you like to learn further about this subject, discipline, or professional field? I would like to learn how to import pictures into a created digital story.