My Education:

I have been fortunate to acquire my education close to home at both Stony Brook University and Suffolk County Community College.  This has allowed me the flexibility needed as a commuter working full-time while acquiring a higher education.

I was introduced to Stony Brook University in 1994 as part of the Minority High School Student Research Apprenticeship Program (MHSSRAP).

I graduated Stony Brook ten years later in 2004 with my B.A. in Spanish   Language/Literature and a minor in Business Management.

Graduated Army medic school in 2002; deployed in 2004 days after my Stony Brook graduation.  My 2008 deployment required giving up my seat in the Suffolk Community College School of Nursing Program to which I reapplied in 2009.

After serving in the US Army as a medic I returned to school for my education as an RN.  I graduated the Suffolk County Community College - Ammerman School of Nursing in 2011.

After graduating SCCC, I   prepared myself for the NCLEX which I successfully passed a few months later and I started the RN to BSN program at Stony Brook University.  I graduated with honors in 2013.

I have since started my Master of Science in Nursing Education and the Advanced Practice Psychiatric/Mental Health Program, both at Stony Brook University. I anticipate graduating the education program December, 2016.

Aside from my formal education mentioned above I also completed the Suffolk County Police Department's Academy and acredited police course in March 2007, as well as the Police Supervisor's course offered by the Nassau County Police department in December 2012 as a SUNY Police Lieutenant.