Dr. Shyam Sharma is a wonderful and excellent professor. His passion for academic writing is inspiring but at time was the source of frustration for my writing. Dr. Shyam challenges and helps students get one step closer to reaching their full potential, but at time, from the students' perspectives, it is frustrating.

My objectives for all my classes are to learn the materials, complete the assign tasks and attempt to obtain a well deserve grades. However, Dr. Sharma goes beyond that and challenges the students to improve their work passed the assigned tasks and the course materials. He helps the students to look past the current values we take from the class and attempts to increase the students' potential as a writer and academia. 

I'm honored to have taken his class and be his student, despite the difficult semester created from his passion for academic writing. I was challenged and learned many applicable skills that I will further develop throughout my remaining school years and my career. I could look back and said that I hated the whole process and still does, but I'm glad I went through it. It was rewarding and I feel accomplished.

Some of the points I took away from this course are as follow:

1.  Flash out the argument in the beginning
  2. Always challenge the arguments (Yours or Others)
  3. Research writing is challenging but rewarding