Being a well-rounded individual is important to me. I believe in taking as many travel opportunities as I can to expose myself to different cultures and the way the rest of the world lives. Perhaps it started when I first traveled to America at the tender age of just 2 years old. Perhaps the need to travel continued as I visited places within this hemisphere, such as the Niagara Falls, Washington D.C., and the Bluegrass State. My parents then took my sisters and I to visit family in London, England at the age of 12. From then, I knew. I could not simply confine myself to the beauty of North America and Canada. I had to keep going and exploring, for both knowledge and pleasure.

In high school, I went on a trip to France, Germany and Switzerland. I visited the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre, lived in a remote hotel amongst the mountains of Switzerland, and visited an eerily haunting concentration camp where I had the opportunity to light a candle for all those who were killed in the Holocaust. This was probably an amazing 10 day trip that inspired me to study abroad in college. 

When I became situated into Stony Brook University, I knew that I had to have all the information in regards to study abroad programs. I knew that I wanted a short term program, as I had commitments to my leadership roles, and instantly fell in love with the thoughts of going to Ireland. During three weeks in January 2014, I was opened to the greenest land there is. I visited Galway, where I saw the most breathtaking sights to ever exist, Kilkenny, the capital of hurling, and finally Dublin, a city of wonders. 

I hope that as I continue my journey, I am able to visit many more countries because traveling gives me an edge and an experience that is unique to bring in the workforce.