What:  Possible Term Project Topic:  “Evaluating Websites”

I am teaching inquiry in the library.  Knowing how to evaluate websites is an important step in the research process.

Who:  Special Ed High School students at the Little Flower School. 

Assumptions about them:  Any time they have an opportunity to do work on the computer, it motivates them.  They have a wide range of abilities and disabilities; however most of them are quite capable to follow steps on the computer.

Why:    Usually I would teach this topic in a traditional setting with the lesson being similar to what I have in mind for this project.  They would use the computers for certain parts of the lesson.  I would normally speak more.  However, giving them the opportunity to do the lesson online would allow them to move through it at his or her own pace.  I believe they would find it more motivating to do it entirely online.  Most of our students do not have access to the internet from the residential setting, so this would be intended to be done during class time and not on their own time.  I would be available to answer questions and offer assistance.  This online lesson could also be done by them on a day when I may be out of the library.