DRAFT: This module has unpublished changes.
- Member, Graduate Studies Committee, Fall 2016-Present.
- Member, Strategic Plan Working Group, Fall 2016-Present.
- Member, Assistant Professor Search Committee, Spring-Summer 2016.
- Member, Writing Minor Committee, Program in Writing and Rhetoric, 2013-Present.
- Founder, Facilitator, RhetComp@StonyBrook, a department blog for teaching discussions, 2013-15.
- Teaching Observer, Christine Fena, Geri Lipsultz, Katherine Johnston, Kimberly Towers (2014-16).
- Faculty Mentor: URECA Presentation (Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities).
Prepared students from WRT 301, GLS 102, and WRT 102 (2014, ’15, ’16, ’17).
- Faculty Mentor: Mentored and nominated students who received outstanding academic awards: Sarah (2017), Torrye Zullo (2017), Jhinelle Walker (2017), Crystal Ling (2015), Claire Smith (2013).
- Member, International Students Success Task Force, Spring 2017. (1 of 12, co-presented with another member the group’s key findings and suggestions on international graduate student success).
- Advisory Board Member, Multilingual and Intercultural Research Center, Stony Brook U, 2015-17.
- Faculty Advisor: i) South Asian Student Alliance, ii) Himalayan Club – 2016-Present.
- Member, Subcommittee for promotion of writing in the disciplines, College of Arts and Sciences Strategic Plan, Spring 2017-Present.
- Member, University Faculty Senate (and A&S at large), Stony Brook University, 2015-2017.
- Writing Mentor: supported graduate students of colleagues, including Dr. Radu Sion (Computer Science), Dr. Jessica Gurevitch (Ecology and Evolution), with students’ writing and publishing, 2013-Present.
- Host: Invited/facilitated guest lecture by Dr. Krishna Bista, on international students, with Alfreda James, for Career Center & Multilingual and Intercultural Research Center, Apr. 14, 2016.
- Member, Search committee, Academic Liaison, University Library, Fall 2014.
- Member, Planning Committee, “Celebration of Teaching and Learning” (2012), Delphi Center for Teaching and Learning, U. of Louisville, 2011-12.
- Graduate Student Ambassador, Graduate School, U. of Louisville, 2011-12.
- Member, Search Committee, Program Manager for Graduate School & Faculty Center, May-Aug. 2011.
- Student Representative: Strategic Technology Executive Committee (STEC), U of Louisville, 2011.
- Mentor to new graduate students in the English Department, U of Louisville, 2009, 2010, 2011.
- Information Chair (executive member): Graduate Student Council, U. of Louisville, 2010-11.
- Secretary, SUNY Council on Writing (SUNY COW), 2015-Present: help document organization history; support with organizing conferences; update/maintain website.
- Member, ad hoc working group, SUNY Council on Writing members: participated in drafting position statement on online education, Summer-Fall 2013.
- Chair, Conference panels: The Louisville Conference on Literature and Culture since 1900, U. of Louisville, KY, Feb. 2009; Thomas R. Watson Conference, U of Louisville, KY, Oct. 2008.
- Member (at-large), Executive Board, Consortium on Graduate Communication. 2017-2020.
- Reviewer, Annual convention proposals, National Council of Teachers of English: 2015, ’16, ’17.
- Member, Selection Committee, Braddock Award (for best journal article of the year), Conference on College Composition and Communication, Fall. 2016.
- Coordinator (1 of 4), Transnational Writing Standing Group, Social Media Team, Conference on College Composition and Communication, Mar. 2014-Present.
- Guest Editor, Journal of Global Literacies, Technologies, and Emerging Pedagogies, Special Issue on Massive Open Online Courses, with Dr. Mike Murphy, 2014 -15.
- Facilitator, Monthly webinar series on International Higher Education & International Students, with Krishna Bista (for Journal of International Students), 2016-Present.
- Judge (National Committee), 2014 Norman Mailer High School and College Writing Awards Program, National Council of Teachers of English, Spring 2014.
- Associate Editor, Journal of International Students, 2013-Present.
- Reviewer, Journal of International Students, 2012-13.
- Reviewer, Journal of Global Literacies, Technologies, and Pedagogies (JOGLTEP), 2012-14.
- Reviewer, Journal of Rhetoric, Professional Communication, and Globalization, 2012-2014.
- External Reader, Doctoral dissertation, Jamila Scott, Morgantown State University, MD., 2017-18; MA thesis, Shyam B. Pandey, Minnesota State University, 2016-17.
- Chair: Conference panels, CCCC, Portland, OR, Mar. 2017; CCCC, Indianapolis, IN, Mar. 2014.
- Volunteer, Narrative Collection Booth, Digital Archive of Literacy Narrative, CCCC, 2013, 2014.
- Facilitator/leader (1 of 25), Connected Community initiative, CCCC, 2010-11.
- Member, Local Committee, CCCC, Louisville, Kentucky, Mar., 2010.
- Editor (1 of 5), Journal of NELTA (Nepal English Language Teachers’ Association), Nepal, 2009-12.
- Volunteer, Conference of the Nepalese Folklore Society, Kathmandu, Nepal, Member, 2004-06.
- Promoter, Gurukul Theaters, Kathmandu, Nepal, 2004-06.
- Volunteer, NELTA Conferences 2001-2006.
- Founder, Editor, International Journal of Multidisciplinary Perspectives in Higher Education, 2016-
- Trainer, Webinar series, Tribhuvan University, Nepal (helping implement semester-based teaching/learning practices, leading up to a summer institute in Kathmandu), Nov. 2016 – July 2017.
- Coordinator, Monthly online teacher training webinars titled “WACAP” (Writing Across Curriculum and in the Professions) for instructors across campus at Midwestern U., Nepal (a program that invited Dr. Gene Hammond and other American scholars as guest speakers for some of the sessions, leading up to a half-week conference in Surkhet, Nepal, in August 2016), Oct. 2015 – June 2016.
- Facilitator, Educators Across Contexts, a transnational network of teachers, 2012-16.
- Co-founder, Editor, ELT Choutari, blog-based monthly magazine on English Language Teaching, read by English teachers around the world; edited with 3-6 co-editors, 2009-12.