Job Title: Associate Professor, Graduate Program Director
Phone: (631) 632-9186
Office Location: Humanities 2109
- Ph.D. (Rhetoric and Composition, 2012), University of Louisville, Kentucky, USA
- M.A. (English, Composition, 2008), University of Louisville, Kentucky, USA
- M.A. (English Literature, 2000), Central Campus, Tribhuvan University, Nepal
- B.Ed. (English Language Teaching, 2005), Central Campus, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal
- B.A. (English Literature, 2005), Butwal Multiple College, Tribhuvan University, Butwal, Nepal
- John Richard Binford Memorial Award for Excellence in Graduate Studies (PhD, University of Louisville 2008-12), Louisville, December 2012
- K. Patricia Cross Future Leaders Award, Association of American Colleges and Universities, Washington D.C., 2012
- Barbara Plattus Award for Excellence in Graduate Student Teaching, English Department, University of Louisville, 2011.
- Alice Barns Award for Outstanding Achievement in master's degree, University of Louisville, 2008.
- “Mahendra Bidya Bhusan” (gold medal), Narayanhiti Royal Palace, Kathmandu, Nepal, 2000.
- Theories and pedagogies of composition and rhetoric
- Writing in the disciplines (with a focus on the graduate level) -- "GWID"
- Traditions and histories of rhetoric in and beyond the West
- Digital media and composition
- Intersection of literacy practices with global/local popular culture
- Multilingualism and language policies
For a more detailed professional portfolio, please see www.shyamsharma.net.