DRAFT: This module has unpublished changes.
Research Events (selection)
- Diversity and Decolonization in Italian Studies. Global Roundtable Series, Co-Organizer (2021). Programme.
- Dean’s Lecture Series - History and its Discontents: The Futures and the Pasts of Science Fiction. Seminar Series at the Humanities Institute, Co-Organizer (2017). Programme.
- Colonial and Postcolonial Encounters: The Horn of Africa and Italy. Seminar Series at the Humanities Institute, Co-Organizer (2016). Programme.
- 'How Race is Made in Italy'. Research Seminar at the Humanities Institute at Stony Brook, Nov. 18, 2014. Programme.
- Italian Film Festival at Stony Brook University. 2014. Director and Organiser. Website.
- 'Representing Migrant Subjectivities in Contemporary Italian Literature and Cinema'. Conference Panel at the American Association of Italian Studies 2014 Conference, University of Zurich, May 23-25, 2014.
- 'Narrating Rome'. Seminar at Associazione Culturale 001, Rome, March 29-30, 2014. Programme.
- ‘Crossing Borders: Femininity, Visuality and Narrative on the Move'. Research Seminar, Centre for the Study of Contemporary Women's Writing, University of London, Dec. 11, 2013. Programme.
- ʻMigration, Discrimination and Belonging: Trans-national Spaces in Post-colonial Europeʼ. Research Seminar, Institute of Advanced Studies, University of Warwick, Mar. 6, 2013. Programme. Website. Podcast.
- Wu Ming 2, ʻThe Historical Novel as a Means of Investigation: In Search of Narrative Truthʼ. Research Seminar, Italian Department, University of Warwick, Mar. 5, 2013. Programme.
- ʻThe Italian Trusteeship in Somalia (AFIS) and Beyondʼ. Research Seminar, Italian Department, University of Warwick, Jan. 18, 2012. Programme.
- ʻUrban Spaces and Migrant Writingsʼ. Research seminar, Italian Department, University of Warwick, Nov. 14th, 2011. Program. Programme.
- ʻKaleidoscope: New Perspectives on the Humanitiesʼ. Co-organised interdisciplinary and interdepartmental conference, University of Warwick. May 28-29, 2011. Programme.
- ʻMigrant Cinema and Writing in Post-colonial Italyʼ. Interdisciplinary and interdepartmental research seminars and pedagogic interventions, University of Warwick. Funded by the Institute for Advanced Teaching and Learning. Feb.-Mar. 2011. Programme. Podcast. Website.
- Arts Faculty Seminar Series 2010-2011. Co-organiser.
- ʻOLTREilMARginE: Festival di letteratura e migrazioneʼ, Brescia, Italy. Funded by Fondazione della Comunità Bresciana, CGIL, ANPI, Comune di Castenedolo, Comune di Borgosatollo. Curator, Director and Organiser, Nov. 10-14, 2010. Article in La Repubblica. Programme.