All eportfolios must have an About Me category. Without an About Me, the content and reflection can't be associated with you. Let's face it, writing a brief bio is a pain. What do you include? How do you keep it from revealing too much about you. Where do you start? Try this!
Title your About Me page, "Five Facts About Me" and bullet point or number 5 facts that highlight your strenghts, character, interests, and leadership abilities. Vary the 5 facts to cover different areas of your life. You don't have to reveal too much about yourself - keep it generic and creative.
Suggestions for Prompt Questions
1. What is your hometown state, regional area or home country and why
did you come to Stony Brook?
2. What is your major or favorite subject? Why?
3. What do you like to do when you're not in the classroom or studying?
4. Mention your community groups and/or activities.
5. What is your strength of character and how will you change the world?
Here are some good examples from other eportfolios:
- Vishwaja Muppa
- Vicky Qian
- Allison Zelnick -
See others in the Showcase section of Spotlights on ePortfolios - https://stonybrook.digication.com/stony_brook_eportfolio_showcase/Home2
Provide some more suggestions and examples in the "Show Comments and Tag" section at the bottom left of the page.