Addie Browning

I am currently a sophomore and a History major.  I have also recently declared the Leadership Development minor so I will be starting classes for that in the upcoming fall semester.  I am not extremely tech savvy but out of the people in my family, I am the best with technology, meaning everyone comes to me for help with their devices.  I like to read and hang out with friends.  I didn’t grow up with video games, but I’m starting to learn a few that my friends have been teaching me how to play.  I love to run; you’ll often see me running around Circle Road at night.  I was supposed to go to Stony Brook Southampton but because it was shut down, I came here instead.  I am a vegetarian and a tree hugger.  I have changed my major two times since I’ve been here.  I started out as Environmental Humanities and then switched to English my first semester of my sophomore year, and then halfway through that semester, I switched to History.  That is proof that you don’t always stick to the major you start out with and you could change it several times.

Find out more about Addie's undergraduate experience and what it's like to be a Stony Brook student in her eportfolio HERE.