Model First Year Experience ePortfolios

First Year Experience eportfolios help students transition from high school to college by mapping a path of academic successs and direction through the documentation of their first year course achievements and campus involvement.   Students build, grow and assess their interests through reflections and connect their learning to other areas of their lives.  A model FYE will contain an inviting welcome page, about me page, WRT 102 and Undergraduate College courses, other courses, resume, campus and community events, personal interests, reflection and creative uses of multimedia.  The First Year Experience ePortfolio facilitates their transitions into their majors and professional careers.

Model First Year Experience ePortfolio of the Year

Aaron Doucett - My interests include playing jazz music (piano), sailing, weather, computers/technology, web design, and competitive rowing. I am a member of the Crew and Sailing teams at Stony Brook. I also preform in the Stony Brook jazz combo group. 

In the Spotlight ePortfolio

Alison Fox - If I haven't left a footprint on this Earth that I can see from Space, I haven't done my job and therefore I am not successful.

In the Spotlight ePortfolio

Anne Bae - I believe that everyone writes their own personal stories; it is not up to outside contributors to conclude what is written and what is not. Don’t judge based on what you think you know.

In the Spotlight ePortfolio

Brielle Gonzalez - I am motivated to obtain a career in the medical field, as a Pediatric Speech Pathologist. I am intrigued by this profession, as my adopted cousin developed a speech disability as an infant. (You must log in to our site to view this eportfolio)

In the Spotlight ePortfolio

Evan Liu - As a child I hated the very idea of swimming; the fear of drowning is a common cause for such discourse towards it. Later on in life, I took swimming lessons and became a recreational swimmer. Though learning how to swim was a great achievement for me. I wanted to do something with my new learned skill so during highschool, I became certified as a lifeguard.

In the Spotlight ePortfolio