Nursing

HNI 373

Doreen Dimanche - Going into Sagamore I was very nervous and honestly had no idea what to expect out of this experience.  Prior to going to Sagamore my thoughts were that performing a Psychiatric evaluation on children was not a very realistic possibility. Often we see how impressionable and vulnerable children can be, so to put them in a situation where we assess their mental status seemed to me as an impossible and almost inappropriate task. (Private Portfolio)

Nuri Kim - For acute child psychiatric care rotation, I had an opportunity to make observations at the Sagamore Children’s Psychiatric Center in Dix Hills, where children of the age between six and seventeen are admitted for inpatient psychiatric care. Sagamore Children’s Psychiatric Center has been providing care for Suffolk and Nassau counties for over forty years.  (Private Portfolio)

Theda Clesceri -I'm a Nursing student at Stony Brook UniversityI can speak spanish fluentlyI like to do arts and craftsI want to learn American Sign Language. I want to see the world.  (Private Portfolio)