Model Undergraduate Experience ePortfolios

Emily Madsen - I grew up on my family's oyster farm out in Discovery Bay, Washington. I spent most of my time following my dad around, listening to him talk about algae, oysters, diatoms, and how they all fit into the ocean's larger ecosystems. My childhood is undoubtedly the root of my continuing fascination with marine science. I am majoring in Marine Sciences and minoring inChemistry at Stony Brook University. 

In the Spotlight ePortfolio

Erick Gordy - Fantastic and inspiring! "Hello to you, reader, and thank you for stopping by this small corner of cyber space. By whatever means you got here, you have arrived at the ePortfolio of me; Erick Gordy. Here in this ePortfolio are gathered some of my creations both textual and visual for your consideration."

In the Spotlight ePortfolio

Peter Broski -  I'm majoring in Biochemistry and I plan on pursuing a medical career in the future. I love to longboard, chill on the beach, listen to all types of music but I prefer ska and alternative, and just spend time with my friends and girlfriend.
Manny London and Nancy Wozniak, LDS 102 and Caitlin Lee, WRT 102, Faculty

Talisha L. Bridges - I believe in living each day as if it was to be my last. To forgive but never forget, and learn from whatever obstacle I face. To remember where I have been and where I will go through maintaining a relationship with God and my Family. To always follow live by my morals and keep my pride.

Megan Stoler -  I am majoring in Applied Mathematics and Statistics. I am your typical "girly-girl" and I fit the "Long Island Girl" stereotype. I love sparkles, diamonds, pink and purple, shopping, make up, jewelry, manicures, and more. My favorite color is yellow which perfectly mirrors my personality.

Dillon Winegar - I am a sophomore at Stony Brook University. I am a Business major, planning on specializing in Marketing, and minoring in Digital Arts.  I have been involved in many things on campus, including the Undergraduate College Fellows Program, the LDS Council, where I serve as president, and Stony Brook Crew Team, where I was recently voted to serve as co-captain of the men’s team.

In the Spotlight ePortfolio

Addie Browning - I am currently a sophomore and a History major. I have also recently declared the Leadership Development minor so I will be starting classes for that in the upcoming fall semester. I am not extremely tech savvy but out of the people in my family, I am the best with technology, meaning everyone comes to me for help with their devices.  I like to read and hang out with friends. I didn’t grow up with video games, but I’m starting to learn a few that my friends have been teaching me how to play. I love to run; you’ll often see me running around Circle Road at night. I was supposed to go to Stony Brook Southampton but because it was shut down, I came here instead. I am a vegetarian and a tree hugger. I have changed my major two times since I’ve been here. I started out as Environmental Humanities and then switched to English my first semester of my sophomore year, and then halfway through that semester, I switched to History. That is proof that you don’t always stick to the major you start out with and you could change it several times.

In the Spotlight ePortfolio

Wes Hawkins - My Mission is to live a long and successful life, while maintaining a strong, loyal, and respectful attitude towards my peers and family, growing each and every year. I believe in this mission statement because it has been formed throughout all the endeavors I have so far endured in life. My family has played a large part in this statement because my parents have structured the values the lye within. Also the different activities and teams have been apart of throughout my life have helped shape this statement, because each and every time I do something new I have learned and taken something away from the experience.

Moving forward as a leader I feel as though these values will help me succeed as a true leader. I true leader should be a family oriented, respectful and loyal person. If I maintain these values I see know problem that I cannot grow to be a great leader and succeed in all endeavors that I chose too. 

In the Spotlight ePortfolio

Charles Magyar - A person participates in their world through action and inaction.  The more we remain active, the more involved we become.  The more we stay inactive, the more laid back we become.  Too much of either causes stress, since the world demands us to act.  We are always part of the world, and we all attempt to balance our actions, and lack thereof.

In the Spotlight ePortfolio

Kyle Jaworowski - Summer 2011 I did an Internship for L.I. Propellers. This internship I learned much more then just about propellers and boats, I learned about industry, time, profit and markets. I Learned how to use all sorts of tools, like drill presses, MIG and TIG welding, grinders, sandblasters, bandsaws, and most other common shop tools.

Philip Dong - My name is Philip Dong, currently a sophmore student at Stony Brook University. I am an aspiring Biology major seeking to become an Occupational Therapist. Throughout my college career thus far, I have attained valuable work experience regarding social skills, teamwork, and leadership, especially so during my employment in the 110th Precinct Youth Department. My job incorporated a vast expanse of tasks that did not only include clerical work but also the maintenance of the precinct gym and supervision of children and teenagers alike during field trips.

Jarrit Davidson - I listen to music in different langauges.  I really believe music is universal, and I think it's amazing that i can feel the emotions in a song without even knowing what the artist is saying. This is why music facinates me, because it's something that bonds humans together. There's so many barriers that we place on humans communicating in society because of differences, feeling music that's in a different langauage shows me that those barriers don't have to exist. We can still empathize with people even if they don't speak our language.

Nick Kiviat - I'm from Weston, CT and graduated from Weston High School, class of 2010. I ran track my junior and senior year and we won our class state championship both those years. I received All-State honors senior year for the 4x800m. I enjoy watching football and basketball. My favorite professional teams are the Oakland Raiders and the Boston Celtics. Here at Stony Brook, I play intramural football and basketball. Currently I am an Economics major, applying into the accounting program to work towards becoming an Accountant.

Ryan Earle N. Ong - I am currently a sophomore in Stony Brook University and I plan to take business. As a new student in a different environment, I am looking forward to learn all the things that I should know in order to become a successful businessman. For instance, I hope that I will master all the basic principles in business through my courses this semester. Aside from that, I am excited by the endless possibilities that a Stony Brook Univeristy education has to offer.

In the Spotlight ePortfolio

Gustavo Galarza -  Gustavo Galarza is a transfer student at SUNY - Stony Brook University and has been attending the university since the Fall of 2010.  He was a part-time student at SUNY-Westchester Community College for three and a half years before being accepted to Stony Brook in the Spring of 2010.  Gustavo is pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree and his major is Information Systems.