Book Review

Summary

Take the Lead by Betsy Myers provides some very different insight on how a person should lead. In her book she provides 7 key topics in becoming an effective leader, however the 3 that I found the most intriguing were, authenticity, respect, and courage. In my mind these were not only the three that stood out the most, but they also are the three that I find most important. 

I chose this Book because I aspire to be a great leader some day and based on what this book was said to offer I felt it was a perfect fit for me. One of the most interesting parts of this book was when Betsy Myers talks about Courage. I feel that courage is one of the most important traits a leader must have. Whether it is the courage to take a risk, to stand up for what you believe in, or most importantly the courage to push through our fears. Myers says it best when she says, "Courage is about pushing through our fears to live our most authentic life and do what we believe is right. Fear turns opportunity into obstacles.”

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who aspires to be a leader. It gives you 7 fundemental topics that if you focus on you can become an effective leader. When it comes to my personal leadership this book definitely relates to me. In particular the courage piece is highly relateable. It took courage for me to take the risk of joining my internship. There are not many Students who take on an internship where they run their own business.